2nd Annual Spring Conference | 11 CEU for SW, LPC, and RN
Thursday, May 24
The 2nd Annual Spring Conference will take place May 24-25, 2018.
11 CEU for SW, LPC, and RN
Cash, check or credit card accepted | Limited seating available
Cost: $75 for both days | $50 for one day | ½ price for enrolled students
Registration form available online
Ethical Balancing Act: Recognizing and Managing Burnout | Jennifer E. Randall Reyes, PhD, LPC, ALPS
1. Participants will review the Professional Quality of Life Scale (ProQOL) to ascertain their current level of burnout.
2. Participants will engage in creating their own burnout prevention plan for their workplace.
3. Participants will use an ethical decision-making model to case conceptualize an ethical dilemma related to counselor burnout.
Impact Therapy: A Multisensory, Theory-Driven Approach to Counseling | Ed Jacobs, PhD, LPC; Chris Schimmel, EdD, NCC, LPC
1. Participants will see new creative techniques that are easy to use with most clients.
2. Participants will learn many new and unique ways to use the whiteboard as an effective tool in counseling.
3. Participants will learn how to use creative techniques with cognitive-behavioral theories.
4. Participants will be encouraged to be more creative in all aspects of counseling.
The Practice of Trauma Therapy | Keith L. Rieder, EdD
1. Participants will learn how psychological trauma changes the way the brain functions.
2. We will discuss and experience several methods of helping clients prepare themselves for doing trauma work.
3. Participants will engage in activities that are used in trauma therapy to work through memories and resolve them.
Issues of Spirituality in Counseling | Keith L. Rieder, EdD
1. The participant will gain confidence in addressing spiritual issues in treatment.
2. The participant will become more familiar with resources for addressing spiritual issues in counseling.
3. The participant will examine how their own attitudes toward spirituality help or hinder their clients.
Date: 5/24/2018 - 5/25/2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM